“Many plumbers offer a powerflush service but very few of them actually flush the system correctly”
“Why does my central heating need to be powerflushed?”
Rust occurs in all central heating systems producing a black (iron oxide) sludge and, in hard water areas, lime scale builds up in boilers just like in your kettle causing the following problems:
- Radiators cold at bottom due to black sludge
- Radiators cold all over due to blocked valves and pipes
- Irritating noisy boiler caused by sludge or lime scale build up, a warning sign of imminent costly problems
- Little or no hot water due to blocked pipes and heat exchangers
- Boiler cutting out and no circulation due to blocked pump
- Radiators cold at top and need bleeding due to gases, a by-product of rusting
Power Flushing your radiators will remove the debris, and will guarantee the efficient operation of your system, saving on your household bills too. Power Flushing your central heating provides long term protection.
As I have been power flushing central heating systems for quite some time now, I understand the difference between what some plumbers think is the correct way to clean the system and how to properly clean pipework using the right chemicals and procedures.
For a free estimate call:
0207 738 9296 / 07833 085 845
Don’t forget to check out my Energy Efficiency Tips for South West London.
"Called mark out to repair our boiler having been told by another plumber that we needed a new one. Happy to say Mark quickly diagnosed the fault and got it working. Very happy and fully recommend."Stephen Graves